ITD JOB VACANCY - PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The following is intended to serve as an outline of the responsibilities and duties for a fulltime PROGRAM ASSISTANT position.
Required skills and capabilities:
- Spanish language conversational (or better) ability.
- A driver's license and excellent driving skills.
- A willingness to (learn to) drive 15-passenger vans.
- An ability to be flexible and calm in demanding situations.
- Dedication to the work and to participants' well-being.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff and participants.
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend shifts (with advance notice by employer).
- Computer software skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Facility with various social media tools.
- Some knowledge and skill with digital videography and editing.
Program assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing general office support:
- Answering the telephone and directing calls and requests.
- Assisting with materials development and organization.
- Assisting setting up track phones and interpreting equipment.
- Providing program support:
- Interacting positively with international participants, and responding to, or redirecting requests.
- Driving international participants in 7- and 15-passenger vans to site visits and cultural events, including long distance trips lasting several days.
- Organizing cultural visits and escorting participants.
- Escorting participants to medical appointments.
- Setting up and delivering snacks to participant groups.
- Assisting in cleaning and maintaining ITD House and grounds.
ITD delivers high-quality professional, youth, and academic training programs. This requires that program staff work well together as a team. A commitment to collaboration and shared responsibility is essential.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by June 12, 2015 to Kaye Dougan or by post to:
ITD/Program Assistant Search
447 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002
Beginning fulltime salary is $420-$450/week. 100% health and disability benefits are available beginning in the second year of employment.
Finalists will be invited to interview between June 16 and 19. Start date is July 1, 2015.